A selection of Manchester United fans were impressed with Fred’s performance during the club’s 3-2 comeback win over Atalanta in the Champions League on Wednesday.
The Red Devils went into the game on a two-match winless streak, and they made the worst possible start, conceding twice in the opening 30 minutes.
Atalanta preserved the lead at the interval, but United made a stunning comeback.
Marcus Rashford pulled one goal back for the Red Devils in the 53rd minute.
Harry Maguire levelled proceedings in the 75th minute with a quality striker’s finish at the back post after he was left unguarded.
Nine minutes from time, Cristiano Ronaldo completed the dramatic comeback.
The Portuguese leapt high above everyone from a Luke Shaw cross before guiding his header into the far left corner.
The 36-year-old received most of the plaudits after the game, but some fans also appreciated Fred’s display.
The 28-year-old has not been a favourite among some fans, but manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has regularly entrusted him with one of the central midfield roles when fit and available.
He had a difficult outing against Everton before the international break but stepped up against Atalanta with three tackles, two interceptions and one vital clearance in the box.
The €22 million-rated star also won three ground duels on the night, while his distribution was also impressive with five successful long balls during the game.
Unfortunately, he was substituted in the 88th minute with a hamstring issue.
It appears that he could be sidelined for a while after one of his best performances of the campaign.
Stats from Sofascore.com and Transfermarkt.com.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash