Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing Benfica midfielder Joao Neves next summer.
The 19-year-old is one of the best talents to have emerged from the Eagles’ youth academy.
He made his competitive debut for the Portuguese club in January, and has since made 30 more appearances across all competitions.
The defensive midfielder has also been a key member of Roger Schmidt’s squad this season, featuring in all eight Primeira Liga matches.
His excellent displays haven’t gone unnoticed, as he is garnering attention from several top European clubs.
According to Florian Plettenberg, Manchester United are eyeing a move for Joao Neves next summer.
The Portuguese has been on United’s radar for quite some time now and they are planning to make an offer next summer.
But the Red Devils face competition for the talented youngster as several other top European clubs are reportedly keen on him.
Why United should sign Neves?
Neves is one of the most talented young midfielders in European football.
Despite his tender years, he has proved his abilities in the Portuguese top flight.
Neves is a versatile footballer who mainly plays as a defensive midfielder but can also be used as an attacking and a central midfielder.
He has featured for 482 minutes in the Primeira Liga this term, averaging 1.5 tackles and 0.9 clearances per game.
The youngster has also completed 4.1 long balls, while his passing accuracy is 91.6 percent (as per WhosScored).
Neves is contracted to Benfica until 2028, and United will have to part with a considerable sum to sign him next summer.
- Gleison Bremer shows why Man Utd want to sign him this summer
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow