Manchester United are among the clubs who like the look of Bayer Leverkusen defender Jonathan Tah ahead of the January transfer window, according to the Sun.
The German international is also on the radar of Newcastle United and West Ham United, with the former desperately needing defensive reinforcements following injuries to some key players at the back.
However, Man United are ready to battle the billionaire-owned club for the services of Tah as manager Erik ten Hag looks to bolster his options at the back.
The 27-year-old has been an important player for Leverkusen this term and is one of the reasons why they are currently top of the Bundesliga table after 11 games.
The 6ft 5in defensive powerhouse has featured in 16 games across all competitions this term, weighing in with four goals.
Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso would be very reluctant to lose Tah before the end of the current campaign.
He has just over 18 months left on his contract, and the club could feel pressure to cash in if Man United or other suitors bring a big offer to the table in January.
Around £20 million could be enough to land the former Hamburger SV star, and the Red Devils will not hesitate to go after him if a deal can be done.
French centre-back Raphael Varane could look to leave the Old Trafford club in January having fallen behind Harry Maguire in the pecking order, and Man United are already eyeing OGC Nice defender Jean-Clair Todibo as a potential replacement.
The imminent arrival of the owner of the Ligue 1 club Sir Jim Ratcliffe could boost their chances, but they also have Tah on their radar and will go for the German if the France international opts against the move as he did in the summer.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling