Despite Ole Gunnar Solskjaer stating that Manchester United will take a cautious approach in the next transfer window, speculation continues to surround the Premier League club.
The latest addition to the list of players reportedly on United’s radar is Barcelona wonderkid Ilaix Moriba as per Mundo Deportivo.
The Spanish midfielder has been with the club since the age of seven when he joined Barca’s La Masia academy.
With his consistent performances for Barcelona ‘B’ team in recent years, the 18-year-old is viewed as one of Catalan’s future stars.
He made his senior debut under manager Ronald Koeman during the Copa del Rey clash against Cornella in January.
He then bagged an assist on his La Liga bow against Alaves during February, becoming the youngest player in La Liga to do so since 2000.
According to Mundo Deportivo, United and RB Leipzig are monitoring the player’s progress.
The report further states that Moriba’s contract with the club ends in 2022, and he has a release clause of €100 million.
However, the Spaniard is interested in staying with Barca to repay the faith shown in him by Koeman.
Red Rants View
Signing Moriba would fit into Solskjaer’s mentality of buying youngsters and growing them into future prospects.
The Red Devils have recently signed the likes of Amad Diallo and Facundo Pellistri, who both are being viewed as future stars for the club.
With Bruno Fernandes looking tired and Paul Pogba struggling with injury, United need to look at other midfield options.
The addition of Moriba would make sense for the club, although he would probably be seen as a long-term investment.
- Tactical Analysis: What Ralf Rangnick’s Manchester United could look like
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Man Utd vs Arsenal
- Man Utd fans praise Fred’s midfield performance in Chelsea draw
- Mark Lawrenson states his prediction for Chelsea vs Man Utd
- Man Utd could be without seven players for Chelsea clash
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Chelsea
- ‘Carrick’s at the wheel’: Jamie Carragher aims dig at Rio Ferdinand after Man Utd beat Villarreal
- Man Utd fans hail David de Gea’s performance vs Villarreal
- Michael Carrick delivers verdict on Manchester United’s win over Villarreal
- Man Utd could be without five players for Villarreal clash