Spanish newspaper AS has gone on to the extent of claiming that Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has agreed a world-record move to rejoin Manchester United.
According to the outlet, the Red Devils’ executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and manager José Mourinho are hopeful that the French midfielder will complete his €120 million to Old Trafford, where he will sign a five-year deal.
While Pogba will earn around €20 million a year as wage, his agent Mino Riola is also set to pocket a handsome figure of around €24 million. Read Madrid were also interested in the France international, but going by the reports of Spanish outlets, Zinedine Zidane was not ready to pay such astronomical transfer fee.
Another factor might have been instrumental in Pogba’s decision to choose United, that is, according to new tax rules of Spain, the player would have to pay 54% of his earnings as tax, had he gone to the Spanish club like Real.
The inclusion of Pogba would certainly bolster United squad for the new season. Pogba has the physicality, height, strength, agility, balance, power and synergistic movements to succeed in the Premier League. His dribbling skills can’t be questioned.
Instead of penetrative dribbles, the 23-year-old performs technical quick link-up play higher up the pitch and he showboats his best dribbling from deeper areas. He dribbles to shield the ball, to keep possession and to bring his teammates into play.
Pogba’s acceleration, deceleration, body feints and receiving moves have bamboozled many defenders and deep lying midfielders. He has a decent technique to back his passing; back-heel passes, outside of the boot passes- you name it and the entity is there in Pogba’s book. Juventus star’s vision and diagonal play making can make difference in the Premier League and for United.
- Man Utd have excellent chance to sign West Ham star Declan Rice next summer
- Why Man Utd star should replace Spurs defender in Argentina starting XI
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ready for return after re-watching his 168 games in charge of Man Utd
- Chelsea attacker Christian Pulisic is destined for Man Utd move
- Liverpool join Man Utd in race to sign Cody Gakpo in January
- Man Utd sale could be completed before end of season
- Real Madrid linked with shock move for Man Utd star Bruno Fernandes
- Man Utd star Raphael Varane leads France in dramatic game against Tunisia at the World Cup
- ‘I think he’s turned it around’ – Paul Scholes names Marcus Rashford as stand out player so far at Manchester United
- ‘It’s quite an easy question’ – Former Manchester United midfielder names Casemiro as his ideal partner