Manchester United are said to be targeting Sporting Lisbon winger Carlos Mané, with the 19-year-old attracting strong interest from across the globe following a number of impressive performances this season.
Mané, who has burst onto the scene this season following his promotion to the Sporting first team, is regarded as one of the most promising talents in Portuguese football, and if the latest reports are true, he could soon be popping his first car on a free ads site, as it wouldn’t take him long to afford a Lamborghini following a move to one of Europe’s top sides.
According to Sky Sports, a range of clubs are ready to fight for the youngster’s signature this summer, with Manchester United reportedly impressed after seeing the winger last weekend.
The young star netted the winner against relegation threatened Olhanense in the Primeira Liga on Saturday, and despite a long-running interest in teammate William Carvalho, United are said to be very interested in the attacker.
The 19-year-old has an eye for the spectacular, as you can see by his goal against Maritimo in January,
But they will face stiff competition from the Premier League clubs, with Liverpool, Chelsea Manchester City and Tottenham also thought to hold an interest in the attacker.
The player’s agents admit that there is a growing interest in his client, and that Mané could well make a move to the Premier League in the near future, with his family already settled in the UK,
“Carlos is concentrating on maintaining a place in the Sporting first team,” Dan Chapman of Full Contact told Sky Sports,
“2014 has started really well for him, and he has scored three goals so far, but we should not forget he has yet to make more than ten first-team appearances.
“He also enjoys a long-term contract at Sporting, they value him highly and so it is premature to be talking of a move.
“That said, I am aware of a number of clubs with real interest and who are keeping tabs on him, and it has to be said that whilst a move to the Premier League is the ultimate goal for Carlos at some point in the future – just one reason being that he has family in the UK already – some Bundesliga and Serie A clubs might appear to be more advanced in their interest at this stage.”
What do you think? Would Carlos Mane make a good addition to the United attack? Let me know in the comments below…
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March
- Changes made to Owners’ and Directors’ Test could affect Man United takeover