Rumours connecting Micah Richards to Manchester United have been cropping up for the last month or so, and now people are linking Barton to Manchester United as well.
Honestly, I find this a bit ridiculous. Why would Micah Richards, a Manchester City player, be ‘ever’ sold to Manchester United unless silly money (higher than what Chelsea were asked for, which was 15-20m) is offered (and even then they might not sell him)?
I know (and have said this myself before) that Manchester United should sign the best players, but there are times when you have to step back and think if its feasible or not.
Richards to Man Utd is not happening. One, it’s the City v United divide. Two, he has bad taste.
Granted, other players have ‘loved’ Arsenal and then turned around and said that they’d like to play for United (Ribery), but somehow I don’t think this one’s going to happen. Gut says Richards will stay at City for at least another season, and depending on the next season’s results, perhaps till the 2010 World Cup. After that, if City are still where they are right now, he’ll move.
The other rumour I heard was Barton (although admittedly, this was a question rather than a rumour). There are plenty of reasons why you wouldn’t want Barton in your side but I’ll give you two – his temperament, and lack of opportunities for him at the club (Barton on the bench? Why would he waste his career like that?).
Barton could go to Everton, but right now it’s all up in the air.
As for United? Like Larsson, expect a quiet and quick transfer (not Hargreaves).
- PSV Eindhoven interested in signing Man Utd forward Anthony Elanga
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Reading, Garnacho and Pellistri start
- “I’m not Harry Potter” – Erik ten Hag outlines real reasons for Marcus Rashford’s resurgence
- Anthony Elanga and Facundo Pellistri to stay at Manchester United
- Denzel Dumfries’ agent pushing Man Utd to finalise summer transfer
- How Man Utd could sign Everton wonderkid this summer
- Man Utd can sign RB Leipzig star Dani Olmo for €70m this summer
- Manchester United vs Reading: FA Cup preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Erik ten Hag confirms fresh Man Utd concern ahead of Reading clash
- Man Utd should consider loan move for Federico Chiesa with future buy option