Manchester United are reportedly refusing to let go in the race to sign Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovic.
That’s according to a report from Corriere Torino (print edition January 16, page 15) who claim that Juventus are keen to sell the 22-year-old, with United closely monitoring the situation.
However, Juve will not allow the Serbia international to leave for anything less than a whopping €90 million.
United clearly won’t be paying that kind of money for a centre forward this month, having already signed Wout Weghorst.
However, this will be one to keep an eye on in the summer transfer window.
Manchester United not letting go of Dusan Vlahovic
The Juventus striker is still very much on Erik ten Hag’s radar, according to reports coming out of Torino. It is suggested that the Dutchman will have to spend big to bring him to Old Trafford.
Despite the monstrous price tag, United should go all out to sign Vlahovic. He is a tall, powerful bully and would be a great focal point for United’s attacking play.
He’s also an excellent finisher – his career goalscoring record of 88 goals in 193 games is evidence of that.
The forward has been dubbed the ‘new Zlatan Ibrahimovic’ (talkSPORT). That is quite the comparison, but the Juventus ace is good enough to go on and emulate the Swedish legend.
The striker still has a lot of work to do before he is even half as good as Ibrahimovic, but let’s not pretend that he doesn’t have the potential needed to go on and reach the heights of the footballing legend.
Vlahovic would be a tremendous addition for United. Whether the owners – current or new – are prepared to meet his €90m valuation remains to be seen.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest