Manchester United left-back Brandon Williams is on the verge of leaving Old Trafford for Championship club Ipswich Town.
Laurie Whitwell reports that the Red Devils are in ‘advanced talks’ with Ipswich over a loan move for Williams.
The loan deal could come with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.
The 22-year-old was not a part of United’s squad that faced Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.
Erik ten Hag admitted that Williams’ absence is due to his desire to secure a summer move away from the club.
Brandon Williams must join Ipswich Town
Williams is behind Luke Shaw and Tyrell Malacia in the pecking order at left-back.
Diogo Dalot can also play at that spot, making Williams a fourth-choice option for Ten Hag.
He missed most of the 2022/2023 season due to a long-term injury, making only one five-minute cameo in the League Cup.
Williams is eager to get some game time to continue his development.
He could reunite with former Man United coach Kieran McKenna, who is the current Ipswich manager.
McKenna worked wonders at the East Anglian outfit by winning promotion from League One last term.
They are sitting at the top of the Championship table after winning their first three games of the campaign.
Williams could get a great opportunity to learn under McKenna and play with a team that is flying high at the moment.
Ten Hag may integrate him back into the United first-team squad if he proves himself at Ipswich.
If he fails to do so, the Red Devils could offload him to recoup some funds.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling