Manchester United are unlikely to sign Randal Kolo Muani from Eintracht Frankfurt in the January transfer window.
That’s according to Fabrizio Romano who suggests that Frankfurt are now demanding a whopping €70 million (£62m) for the 24-year-old forward.
The 24-year-old would be an exceptional addition for United, but there appears to be bad news concerning their pursuit of the Eintracht ace.
Manchester United could miss out on Kolo Muani
Romano has claimed that the Bundesliga club are now demanding £62m for the striker:
“Manchester United have been linked with a number of strikers, and the latest is Randal Kolo Muani,” he said. “Still, in January it is more than difficult for any club – there is no intention from Eintracht Frankfurt to sell the player, and his price tag is around €70m. I think Kolo Muani alongside Jonathan David is one to watch for the summer.”
Missing out on the Frenchman would be a big blow for United. He has bagged eight goals and 11 assists in 23 games in all competitions for the German side this season.
He is just as much a creator as he is a goalscorer and has been described as an ‘assist king’ by the Bundesliga’s official website.
Kolo Muani is exactly the type of centre-forward the Ten Hag needs to take his United side to another level.
However, it seems as though the Dutchman may have to wait until the summer before getting his man.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest
- Could Kobbie Mainoo make his league debut for Manchester United in the absence of star midfielders?
- Man Utd’s transfer priority is clear after fresh Anthony Martial injury blow
- Man Utd handed early Europa League boost with two key Barcelona stars injured
- Erik ten Hag has easy midfield decision vs Leeds United with four players out
- Nottingham Forest eager to sign Dean Henderson permanently next summer