Manchester United still remains hopeful of making a swoop for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland well before the 2022 summer transfer window, reports The Athletic’s correspondent for Manchester United, Laurie Whitwell.
Manchester United were interested in sealing a deal for the Norwegian striker at the first place in the last January transfer window.
As revealed by The Athletic, Manchester United’s disapproval to insert a release clause in Haaland’s contract led his agent Mino Raiola to secure a permanent move to Borussia Dortmund for the aspiring marksman.
Dortmund’s sporting project was believingly deemed to be the best suited for the 20-year-old striker as well.
And hence, the son of former Manchester City midfielder in Alf-Inge Haaland joined Dortmund, who agreed to place in a release clause in Haaland’s contract and paid £15m to Mino Raiola and £8m to his father as the commission for concluding the deal.
Whitwell now claims that Manchester United could lure the striker to Old Trafford before the 2022 summer transfer window.
Should United want to sign the former Molde striker, they would need to pay a reasonable and better amount than that of his release clause next summer.
Cavani’s contract expires next summer – with an option to extend it further by 12 months.
Though, United have an option to extend Cavani’s stay at the club by an extra year.
- Van de Beek’s former agent blasts Man Utd over unfair treatment of the midfielder
- Manchester United team news: Erik ten Hag gives fitness updates on three key players
- Marcus Rashford wins Premier League Player of the Month for September
- Manchester United vs West Ham – 30th October – New Kick-off Time
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, Potential Line-ups & How to Watch
- David De Gea to hold talks with Erik ten Hag as his Man United future hangs in balance
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break