Manchester United could loan out reserve goalkeepers Nathan Bishop and Matej Kovar, according to the Manchester Evening News.
The goalies have been training with the first team squad but have agreed temporary moves to League One clubs.
Kovar has agreed to join Cheltenham Town, while Bishop is moving to Wycombe Wanderers. However, they are both still with the Red Devils.
United are happy to loan out both players even though it would leave them with just two goalkeepers in the squad.
David de Gea’s shambolic performance against Brentford last weekend raised questions about his future with the club.
The Red Devils may be regretting their decision to allow Dean Henderson to join Nottingham Forest on loan.
Do the Red Devils need to sign a new goalkeeper?
United have just Tom Heaton to cover their top-choice keeper. They have a lot of games to play this season and require a top-choice goalie they can rely on.
Heaton is a decent option but there are better opportunities in the market. United have been linked with a move for Daniel Bachmann, but the Watford star is a regular starter for the Hornets.
The club have also been linked with a move for Borussia Mönchengladbach’s Yann Sommer and Norwich City’s Tim Krul. However, it remains to be seen whether United will follow up their interest.
De Gea needs to regain his confidence by producing a strong display against Liverpool. The fans count on the Spaniard to be a leader at the back and the 31-year-old must step up on Monday.
- Wayne Rooney says senior Man Utd players need to get Marcus Rashford fired up
- Amad Diallo reacts to Sofyan Amrabat’s performance as Manchester United book spot in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Alan Shearer reacts to Antony’s performance vs Nottingham Forest
- Diogo Dalot impresses for Man Utd in FA Cup win at Nottingham Forest
- Man United player ratings vs Nottingham Forest: Casemiro keeps silverware hopes alive for the Red Devils
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Nottingham Forest, Antony starts
- Former Manchester United ace John O’Shea assumes interim charge of Ireland
- Manchester United are keen on signing Ajax goalkeeper Diant Ramaj
- Man Utd are possible destination for Atalanta star Giorgio Scalvini
- Manchester United youngster Ethan Williams set to sign new contract