Manchester United could sign Jude Bellingham next summer but will face stiff competition from several other European giants.
The Glazer family have owned the Red Devils for 17 years but put the club up for sale last November.
Qatari Islamic Bank (QIB) chairman Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani and Sir Jim Ratcliffe have confirmed their official bids for the complete takeover of Manchester United.
The Athletic reports that ‘if a sale happens in the coming weeks, don’t rule out United being the team to have the money to do this deal’.
This comes after news broke out a few months back that the Red Devils are out of the race to sign the 19-year-old.
Manchester United should sign Jude Bellingham if finances allow
Erik ten Hag’s appointment has changed the atmosphere at the Theatre of Dreams.
United are the only team left in all four major competitions. They are on course to meet their objective of Champions League football for next season, considering their strong position in the Premier League.
The team is performing with intensity and has found the chemistry missing since Sir Alex Ferguson left United.
If the club is sold before the start of the next campaign, the owners will look to make a marquee signing to set off a new era at United.
Bellingham is one of the finest football talents in the world. Borussia Dortmund’s asking price of €150 million can be met only by wealthy clubs such as Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.
Old Trafford could be an exciting destination for the star midfielder if United can finish the season on a high, possibly with a trophy in their cabinet.
The Red Devils are on an upward trajectory, and everyone is pleased with how the team has adapted to ‘Ten Hag-ball’.
Liverpool was rumoured to be Bellingham’s first-choice destination, but things have gone haywire at the Merseyside club.
Jurgen Klopp’s team are eighth in the English top flight, seven points behind fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur.
Their recent horror show against Madrid saw them humiliated 5-2 at Anfield in the Champions League.
United want a new number eight in the summer, and Bellingham could thrive in that role.
- Erik ten Hag has given go-ahead to sign Goncalo Ramos from Benfica
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag ‘concerned’ about Newcastle time-wasting
- Man Utd ‘first on the list’ for Ansu Fati, Jorge Mendes working on summer deal
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups