Manchester United have dialled down their interest in Chelsea forward Christian Pulisic, according to Sky Sport’s reporter Florian Plettenberg.
United are looking to strengthen their front-line in the final days of the summer transfer window.
Reports last week identified Pulisic as a target for the Red Devils and it is believed the American would have been keen on a move after struggling for minutes at Chelsea.
However, United’s interest in the 23-year-old has cooled significantly with their pursuit of Ajax’s Antony ramping up.
A loan move for Pulisic was touted in the early stages with further reports claiming a sensational swap with United captain Harry Maguire could be on the cards.
Plettenberg has now reported that there has been no offer from the Manchester outfit while the swap deal is believed to be a non-starter.
Pulisic has interest from clubs abroad, including Atletico Madrid and Juventus, but could ultimately remain in London this season as he targets ample playing ahead of the World Cup.
United focused on Antony
With Erik ten Hag’s side desperately short of quality up top coupled with Ronaldo’s unresolved future, United have identified Antony as their top target.
Ajax have resolutely maintained their stance that the winger is not for sale this summer after seeing multiple players exit the club.
The Amsterdam outfit have gone as far as raising their valuation on multiple occasions to deter any prospective buyers.
United initially baulked at Ajax’s €100 million asking price but have now returned for Brazilian after a disastrous start to their league campaign.
An €80m bid was rejected by the Eredivisie club last week, much to the ire of Antony, who has since gone AWOL from training and was dropped from the squad for their weekend game.
United have been encouraged by the 22-year-old’s desire to move to Old Trafford this summer and are expected to press on with their pursuit while an interest remains in PSV Eindhoven’s Cody Gakpo.
- Pogba admits he fell short of expectations at Manchester United
- Rashford and Martial doubtful for Manchester derby after missing training
- Roberto Carlos names two current Man United players he would like to play with
- Three Manchester United winners from the international break
- ‘He makes my game easier’ – Bruno Fernandes full of praise for Eriksen
- Diogo Dalot hoping for a new Man United contract with Europe’s elite clubs eyeing up transfer
- Manchester United midfielder gives verdict on Ronaldo’s performance after Portugal’s 1-0 defeat
- Ben Foster advises Jude Bellingham to join Manchester United
- Manchester United: Shaw and Ferdinand back Maguire after England horror show
- Cody Gakpo’s form could reignite interest from Manchester United in January