Manchester United are reportedly assessing the injury situation of Ousmane Dembele and could make a possible move for the Barcelona forward during the summer.
The Frenchman has been unlucky with numerous hamstring injuries during his two-and-a-half year stay at the Camp Nou and he is currently sidelined for the rest of the campaign with another long-term setback.
According to Sport, United are one of the clubs, who are keeping an eye on Dembele’s position at the Blaugrana but they are hesitant to make an approach due to his injury record.
It is added that they will evaluate the player’s condition in the coming months and want to find out whether there is a solution for the regular injury concerns.
The Blaugrana are open to sanctioning the permanent sale of Dembele this summer but it is claimed that they could also accept a temporary deal with a buy-option included.
Dembele is understood to be enthusiastic over the possibility of heading to Old Trafford and Sport reports that he has asked compatriot Anthony Martial regarding the experience of playing for United.
The 22-year-old has plenty of talent and potential but the continuous injuries have hampered his development. Still, he has bagged 19 goals and 17 assists from 74 games and he has plenty of time to redeem himself.
United are looking to purchase a right-winger during the summer and they are likely to prioritise the signing of Jadon Sancho over Dembele, who will be out until the end of August following his hamstring surgery.
Still, the Frenchman could be an option for the club alongside Sancho, if they are able to land him on a temporary basis. In that way, there is not much risk associated, suppose his injury troubles continue.
Dembele, who is valued at £50m, as per Transfermarkt, has two years left on his Blaugrana deal.
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns
- Fabrizio Romano: Manchester United preparing to sign a new centre-back in 2024
- Man Utd interested in signing Tottenham midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in January
- Erik ten Hag confirms double boost for Crystal Palace clash but defensive duo injured
- Manchester United announce Antony’s comeback amid physical assault allegations