Manchester United have announced the signing of Danish striker Rasmus Hojlund, unveiling the 20-year-old ahead of their pre-season friendly against Lens.
The youngster has signed a contract until June 2028, with the option to extend it for another year.
He has scored 27 goals in 87 club appearances, out of which ten came for Atalanta in the previous season.
Hojlund told ManUtd.com: “It is no secret that I have been a fan of this great club since I was a small boy, and I dreamed of walking out at Old Trafford as a Manchester United player.
“I am incredibly excited by this opportunity to turn that dream into a reality, and I am determined to repay the faith that the club has shown in me.
“It is still early in my career, but I know that I am ready to make this step up and play with this group of world-class players.”
Samuel Luckhurst reports that Hojlund could miss the first few weeks of the season through injury.
The new United striker suffered a ‘small issue’ during pre-season training with Atalanta and is not ready to play.
No more stop-gap strikers for United
Man United have previously been guilty of signing strikers at the tail end of their careers.
Wout Weghorst, Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Odion Ighalo and Radamel Falcao make that unwanted list.
Rasmus Hojlund’s arrival breaks that trend.
The Athletic previously reported that United have spent €75 million plus €10m in performance-related add-ons to sign Hojlund.
Harry Kane was the primary target for the Red Devils. However, they quickly realised Tottenham Hotspur wouldn’t sell him to a direct Premier League rival.
Hojlund is young and may take time to settle in the Premier League, but he has all the tools to be a massive hit.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action