Manchester United have ‘come forward’ for Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, but a move to sign him seems almost impossible, for now at least.
That’s according to a report from Area Napoli who claim that Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis would not even sell the 24-year-old striker to United for €100 million.
Bringing a top-class centre-forward to Old Trafford will be the main priority for Erik ten Hag over the next six months.
It seems as though the Red Devils boss has not given up on his pursuit of the Nigeria international forward, but the outlook is seemingly bleak for the Dutchman.
Manchester United make Victor Osimhen move
Unfortunately for United, De Laurentiis has absolutely no desire to sell the striker. And with Osimhen under contract at Stadio Diego Armando Maradona until 2025, De Laurentiis will not even contemplate selling him for €100 million (£88m).
That’s a huge shame for Man United, because the Napoli striker is exactly what Ten Hag needs to take his team to another level entirely.
Described as an ‘explosive’ striker by The Sun and ‘deadly’ by Yahoo Sports, Osimhen is one of the very best around. He bagged 18 goals and six assists in 33 games for Napoli last season. This term, he has 10 goals and three assists in 14 games in all competitions.
Osimhen possesses all of the attributes needed to succeed in the Premier League. He’s strong, incredibly quick and 6ft 1in tall. The 25-capped Nigeria international also has many years ahead of him in the game.
Napoli obviously don’t want to sell the striker. They are currently sitting pretty at the top of Serie A, eight points clear of second-placed AC Milan.
They haven’t won the title since 1990, so why would they want to sell their best player midway through the season?
That could all change in the summer. And if United make an offer north of £88m for the Nigerian, it will be interesting to see how Napoli respond.
Stats via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest