Manchester United are close to reaching an agreement with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane, according to Goal.com.
The two European giants were not close to striking an agreement last week, but there have been improvements in negotiations since then.
And now a deal is likely to happen for around £39-47 million between the two clubs.
United have completed Jadon Sancho’s move from Borussia Dortmund, and they want Varane to bolster their defensive ranks.
The Spanish giants reportedly offered a new contract to the 28-year-old, but it was rejected.
He has agreed personal terms with United and is set to sign a five-year deal.
The summer transfer window looks to be going very well for United.
They were pursuing Sancho’s signature for over a year and finally landed their top target this summer.
Now they are closing in on Varane, who boasts plenty of La Liga and Champions League experience.
Since joining Madrid in 2011, Varane has made 360 appearances across all competitions, netting 17 goals and creating seven assists.
During his time at the Santiago Bernabeu, he has won 18 major honours, including three La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies.
- Man Utd want to sign three Ajax players but may land just one
- Man Utd very close to signing Frenkie de Jong, transfer likely by June 30
- Man Utd can sign Goncalo Inacio with offer close to release clause
- Man Utd need to offer €10m more as fixed fee to sign Frenkie de Jong
- Gary Neville hits out after Man Utd pay out dividends to shareholders
- Cristiano Ronaldo was offered to Bayern Munich by Jorge Mendes
- Man Utd have made an offer for Leeds star Raphinha
- David Ornstein fancies Christian Eriksen to end up at Man Utd
- Man Utd in pole position to sign Matthijs de Ligt
- Man Utd interested in Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij