Manchester United are close to finalising the details of a new Fan Share Scheme (FSS) pledged by their owners.
The Guardian claim the club have reached an agreement in principle with Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST).
It is expected that the final vote from the Trust, on whether to accept the proposal or not, will be confirmed by next week.
Under this new FSS scheme, shares available to fans will be in the ‘B’ category. This will give them the same power during voting as compared to the Glazer family who currently own the club.
MUST recently launch an online consultation process for this new scheme. An exit poll was conducted in which 99% of the fans who participated admitted that they would like to approve this proposal.
A step in the right direction
It looks like Erik ten Hag’s appointment has brought some good fortune for United fans.
The supporters have organised multiple protests against the Glazers over the past year and a half. The tipping point for them came when United opted to join the short-lived European Super League.
This shocking decision ignited the United supporters to break into Old Trafford, causing the Premier League fixture against Liverpool to be postponed.
The fact that the new FSS have ‘B’ category shares is of huge significance. They have 10 times the voting weight of the ‘A’ category.
Currently, most of the investors hold the ‘A’ category shares. This reduces the power behind their voices to bring a change.
The new scheme will help the fans to have a much bigger influence over the direction they want the club to move in.
- Sir Dave Brailsford and Jean-Claude Blanc meet Manchester United executives at Old Trafford as Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s 25% acquisition edges closer
- Man Utd showing interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Donyell Malen
- Man Utd confirm Amad Diallo has returned to full training ahead of Bournemouth game
- United boss Erik ten Hag shuts the door on January reinforcement
- Ian Wright wants Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag gone once Sir Jim Ratcliffe arrives
- Roy Keane wants Manchester United to ditch Antony, Raphael Varane, Harry Maguire and more
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans after 2-1 win against Chelsea
- Erik ten Hag has another undroppable star in Scott McTominay after Chelsea win
- Sofyan Amrabat produces his best Man Utd display vs Chelsea
- Juventus cool interest in exiled Man Utd star Jadon Sancho due to financial concerns