Manchester United star Christian Eriksen produced a masterclass as Denmark beat France 2-0 in the Nations League on Sunday.
The 2018 World Cup winners applied early pressure at the Parken Stadium but the hosts found the breakthrough at the half-hour mark with Kasper Dolberg scoring from Mikkel Damsgaard’s cross.
The Red and Whites didn’t slow the pace and soon doubled their advantage from Skov Olsen’s superb volley from the edge of the box.
Kasper Hjulmand’s side entered this match on the back of a 2-1 defeat by Croatia but they bounced back strongly to claim a superb win over France.
Eriksen produced a standout performance and played a key role in their victory. The 30-year-old played all 90 minutes and created an incredible eight goalscoring chances.
He had 81 touches in the game and completed an impressive 84 percent of his passes.
The Dane also made two dribbles, two tackles and an interception (as per WhoScored). He was easily the best player of the match and was unlucky not to end the game with an assist.
Eriksen was also at the top of his game in Thursday’s Nations League clash, despite Denmark losing 2-1 against Croatia.
The midfielder scored once from his three shots on target at the Stadion Maksimir. He had 76 touches and completed 78 percent of his passes.
United fans will be excited over his superb performances for his country.
Eriksen has been a hugely important figure at United this season. The Dane has started all six Premier League matches under Erik ten Hag following his arrival at Old Trafford as a free agent.
We can only hope that he stays fit throughout October and helps United navigate a hellish schedule that sees them play a game every three days.
- Fabrizio Romano confirms Dean Henderson is close to Nottingham Forest transfer
- Victor Lindelof set to be offered fresh terms by Man Utd, Erik ten Hag wants to keep him
- Man Utd keeping tabs on Leon Goretzka amid Bayern’s pursuit of Declan Rice
- Man Utd step up interest in signing Atalanta sensation Rasmus Hojlund
- Glazers give green light to pursue deal for Chelsea star Mason Mount
- Man United keeping tabs on Chicago Fire midfielder Brian Gutierrez
- Jack Butland completes Rangers medical as Man United exit all but confirmed
- Kim Min-jae ready to say yes to Man Utd, €7m per year deal proposed
- Man Utd could return for Barcelona star Ansu Fati as Ten Hag eyes another left winger
- Man Utd closely following Sporting defender Goncalo Inacio