Manchester United have confirmed that centre-back Axel Tuanzebe has joined Stoke City on loan for the remainder of the season.
The academy graduate has made 37 senior appearances for United.
The 25-year-old was on loan at Napoli for the second half of last season but struggled for game time in Italy.
The defender has also endured a difficult campaign at Old Trafford, failing to make a single appearance under Erik ten Hag.
Tuanzebe has now completed a loan move to Stoke. The club have also sent Charlie McNeill on loan to Newport County.
Tuanzebe move is the right decision
The defender has always remained on the fringes of the squad at United.
His best campaign at Old Trafford was in 2020-21, when he featured in 19 appearances across all competitions.
Since then, he has found first-team minutes hard to come by.
He has also battled a series of injuries in recent years, which have hampered his progress.
Sending him on loan to a Championship club is the right decision. The defender needs to get his confidence back by playing some regular football.
Tuanzebe is a versatile footballer who can play as a centre-back, right-back or holding midfielder.
He will now get the chance to shine for Stoke, who are currently 18th in the Championship.
- Erik ten Hag confirms double Man Utd injury boost ahead of Newcastle clash
- Man Utd defender Luke Shaw agrees fresh four-year contract
- Sheikh Jassim believes new Owners’ and Directors’ Test will not affect his Man United takeover
- Erik ten Hag to make decision on futures of Scott McTominay and Victor Lindelof
- Manchester United’s debt rises to almost £1 billion
- Erik ten Hag wants Andre Onana to provide competition to David de Gea next season
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd goalkeeper Tom Heaton confirms he is out for a few weeks with an ankle injury
- Man Utd could lose Alejandro Garnacho to international duty in late May
- Bruno Fernandes wins Manchester United’s Player of the Month award for March