Manchester United can sign Denzel Dumfries from Inter Milan for €40 million in the summer, or €50m in the January transfer window.
That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport who claim that United have already held talks to sign the 26-year-old Inter right-back.
Erik ten Hag wants to sign a top-class right-back to provide proper competition and cover for Diogo Dalot at Old Trafford.
And Dumfries would undoubtedly be a significant upgrade on Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Manchester United can sign Denzel Dumfries in January
GDS claim that if Ten Hag wants to bring his fellow Dutchman to Old Trafford this summer, he needs to pay €50m (£44m) to make it happen.
Or, if the United boss is willing to wait until the summer, it will cost him around €40m (£35m) to sign Dumfries.
However, Ten Hag should pull the trigger on this deal now – €50m for Dumfries is a good deal.
The 42-capped Netherlands international is incredibly powerful and has plenty of effortless pace with energy and stamina in abundance.
With his powerful build and robust nature, he should be ideally suited to the physicality of the Premier League.
He proved during the 2022 World Cup how effective he is at both ends of the pitch in big games. In fact, talkSPORT suggested that he set FIFA’s showpiece tournament alight.
The Dutchman has bagged seven goals and 10 assists in 68 games for Inter – mightily impressive numbers for a right-back.
He is a truly elite player. If United can sign Dumfries for €50m in January, they should not hesitate to make it happen.
Stas via Transfermarkt.
- Man Utd need to pay €100m to sign Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani
- Where do Manchester United Under 18s stand in the league table after their latest game?
- Loan Watch: Debuts for Bernard and McNeill, Mejbri bags assist
- Man Utd without six players for Leeds clash after triple injury blow
- Louis Saha backs Man Utd to sign Harry Kane and win the Premier League
- Manchester United vs Leeds United: Premier League preview, team news & predicted starting XI
- Man Utd have identified Victor Osimhen as target with Harry Kane deal unlikely
- Man Utd made £100m bid for Declan Rice last summer, West Ham set fresh asking price
- Man Utd very attentive over Yannick Carrasco’s situation at Atletico Madrid
- Man Utd in advanced contract talks with Diogo Dalot amid Barcelona interest