Manchester United can sign Denzel Dumfries from Inter Milan for €40 million in the summer, or €50m in the January transfer window.
That’s according to Gazzetta dello Sport who claim that United have already held talks to sign the 26-year-old Inter right-back.
Erik ten Hag wants to sign a top-class right-back to provide proper competition and cover for Diogo Dalot at Old Trafford.
And Dumfries would undoubtedly be a significant upgrade on Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Manchester United can sign Denzel Dumfries in January
GDS claim that if Ten Hag wants to bring his fellow Dutchman to Old Trafford this summer, he needs to pay €50m (£44m) to make it happen.
Or, if the United boss is willing to wait until the summer, it will cost him around €40m (£35m) to sign Dumfries.
However, Ten Hag should pull the trigger on this deal now – €50m for Dumfries is a good deal.
The 42-capped Netherlands international is incredibly powerful and has plenty of effortless pace with energy and stamina in abundance.
With his powerful build and robust nature, he should be ideally suited to the physicality of the Premier League.
He proved during the 2022 World Cup how effective he is at both ends of the pitch in big games. In fact, talkSPORT suggested that he set FIFA’s showpiece tournament alight.
The Dutchman has bagged seven goals and 10 assists in 68 games for Inter – mightily impressive numbers for a right-back.
He is a truly elite player. If United can sign Dumfries for €50m in January, they should not hesitate to make it happen.
Stas via Transfermarkt.
READ ALSO: United reportedly eyeing move to sign £44 million Brazilian winger.
- Erik ten Hag says Antony is ‘unlikely’ to be available for FA Cup final vs Man City
- Man Utd in front row to sign Rasmus Hojlund, contacts have intensified with Atalanta
- Man Utd ‘at the head’ of the race to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd could offer Harry Maguire in player-plus-cash deal to sign Mason Mount
- Man Utd could offer Scott McTominay as a makeweight to sign Declan Rice
- Man Utd could make surprise move for Empoli goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario
- Kim Min-jae has his window wide open on Man Utd, will cost €58m
- Manuel Ugarte excited by Manchester United interest amid Chelsea and PSG links
- Victor Osimhen’s agent has received calls from Man Utd but Napoli firm on price tag
- Manchester United in talks to sign Atalanta’s Rasmus Hojlund and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal Kolo Muani