Manchester United were due to play Leeds United at the weekend, but the Premier League match was postponed due to policing issues surrounding the Queen’s funeral.
The Red Devils don’t have any games this week but will return to action on October 2 when they take on Manchester City.
Erik ten Hag wants to use the international break to evaluate his squad and plan new signings.
The Dutch boss is keen to add new talents in the January transfer window, but he may fail in his attempts due to the club’s financial position.
According to The Athletic, funds are expected to be very tight at United during the winter window.
Joel Glazer, Richard Arnold and John Murtough reportedly want to target next summer as the opportunity to add new recruits to the squad.
United signed Tyrell Malacia, Christian Eriksen and Lisandro Martinez in July but failed to make a good start to the season.
They lost the league opener against Brighton & Hove Albion before suffering a 4-0 thrashing at the hands of Brentford. That put massive pressure on the owners to make more funds available for new signings.
The Red Devils ultimately signed Antony from Ajax in an £82 million deal, which made him the second most expensive signing in the club’s history.
The English giants had a net spend of over £200 million this summer, but transfer funds will likely be restricted in January.
Manchester United need reinforcements in several areas. They require a new striker, a central midfielder and a right-back.
Cristiano Ronaldo ended up staying at Old Trafford, despite rumours linking him with a move away this summer. However, his future is still uncertain and he has also reached the age of 37.
Anthony Martial enjoyed a great pre-season, but he has made only one Premier League appearance this term due to injury.
A new addition up front could be crucial to their hopes of winning silverware this season.
United signed Christian Eriksen in the summer, and he currently plays as a deep-lying playmaker. However, they need another central midfielder to cover for the Denmark international.
Diogo Dalot is the club’s first-choice right-back this season and has done well. Ten Hag doesn’t seem to be a fan of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and may well address this situation in January.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer