Erik ten hag has pinpointed the areas where Manchester United can improve following their 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace on Tuesday.
The Red Devils continued their spectacular pre-season form, winning three out of their three games.
Following their wins over Liverpool and Melbourne Victory, United showed another brilliant display of attacking football today.
Anthony Martial scored the opener in the first-half before Marcus Rashford and Jadon Sancho also earned their names on the scoresheet.
Despite such a brilliant victory, Ten Hag was keen to focus on areas where the Red Devils need improvements.
He told MUTV: “The timing and when we start to press, I still see situations that we can avoid and we can prepare a better press.
“I also think we can improve on the ball. We did play well but you can see when it’s 2 or 3-0 that the belief is increasing.
“On the ball we can delay and postpone to invite opponents to come out and then we speed it up like we did for 2-0 which was a great goal.”
Very promising signs
Erik ten Hag started his new reign at Manchester United by defeating their arch-rivals Liverpool by 4-0.
The Red Devils followed that up by another emphatic 4-1 victory against Melbourne Victory. And with today’s success, they have registered three impressive wins out of three games.
Under the Dutch boss, last season’s under-performing players have seen a great improvement while young prospects are also making a strong case for opportunities at Old Trafford.
Anthony Martial made only two Premier League starts for United last season before going on loan to Sevilla where he also struggled for minutes.
However, he has made a remarkable return to form in the pre-season, scoring goals in all three matches so far.
Meanwhile, youngsters Charlie Savage and Zidane Iqbal have also impressed with their performances in the pre-season. Both players could be future stars at the Red Devils.
Erik ten Hag has made a good impact at Old Trafford since his appointment and all the early indications are enough to excite any United fan. He is expected to change the fortunes of the Manchester club within a short time.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season