Manchester United co-owner Avram Glazer has responded to criticism by Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was recently reported that the Glazer family are ready to sell the club they bought 17 years ago.
They have faced plenty of criticism for the club’s decline over the past decade.
Since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, the Red Devils have failed to make a serious challenge for the Premier League title.
The club’s debts have also enormously risen over the years, with many fans blaming the Glazers for the situation.
Ronaldo also lashed out at the owners in his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan, saying they don’t care about the club.
The 37-year-old has since departed Old Trafford by mutual consent, but the Glazers were reportedly furious at his comments.
However, in an interview with Sky News, Avram Glazer refused to be drawn on the forward’s claims and chose to praise his ability.
He said: “Well, I’ll tell you about Cristiano Ronaldo – he’s a great Manchester United player. I appreciate everything he’s done for the club and I wish him the best luck in the future.”
United’s co-owner reportedly didn’t make a response when asked about why the Portugal international had to leave the club.
Criticism of Ten Hag was unfair
Ronaldo is one of the greatest footballers of all time. However, his best years are now behind him as he has reached the age of 37.
He rightly blasted the Glazers as they really don’t care about United. But he also criticised manager Erik ten Hag, which didn’t sit well with many fans.
The Dutch boss has done an incredible job at Old Trafford since his arrival in the summer. He inspired a great response from his team after the early defeats against Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion.
Ten Hag also made the bold decision to drop Ronaldo from his first team. And considering his performances, the 52-year-old did the right thing.
- Man Utd working on deal to sign Yann Sommer
- Glazers decide to drop semi-annual dividends after £225m summer spending spree
- Manchester United’s World Cup Quarter-Finalists – Predictions & Betting Tips
- How the playing surface at Old Trafford is created
- PSG president open to signing Marcus Rashford on a free transfer
- De Gea: Manchester United yet to open talks over a new contract
- Man Utd target Goncalo Ramos now valued at €80m by Benfica
- Man Utd have advantage over Real Madrid in pursuit of Cody Gakpo
- Man Utd duo should be sold in January after woeful displays against Cadiz
- ‘I will think about it’: Cody Gakpo opens the door for Man Utd transfer in January