Manchester United co-owner Avram Glazer has responded to criticism by Cristiano Ronaldo.
It was recently reported that the Glazer family are ready to sell the club they bought 17 years ago.
They have faced plenty of criticism for the club’s decline over the past decade.
Since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement, the Red Devils have failed to make a serious challenge for the Premier League title.
The club’s debts have also enormously risen over the years, with many fans blaming the Glazers for the situation.
Ronaldo also lashed out at the owners in his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan, saying they don’t care about the club.
The 37-year-old has since departed Old Trafford by mutual consent, but the Glazers were reportedly furious at his comments.
However, in an interview with Sky News, Avram Glazer refused to be drawn on the forward’s claims and chose to praise his ability.
He said: “Well, I’ll tell you about Cristiano Ronaldo – he’s a great Manchester United player. I appreciate everything he’s done for the club and I wish him the best luck in the future.”
United’s co-owner reportedly didn’t make a response when asked about why the Portugal international had to leave the club.
Criticism of Ten Hag was unfair
Ronaldo is one of the greatest footballers of all time. However, his best years are now behind him as he has reached the age of 37.
He rightly blasted the Glazers as they really don’t care about United. But he also criticised manager Erik ten Hag, which didn’t sit well with many fans.
The Dutch boss has done an incredible job at Old Trafford since his arrival in the summer. He inspired a great response from his team after the early defeats against Brentford and Brighton & Hove Albion.
Ten Hag also made the bold decision to drop Ronaldo from his first team. And considering his performances, the 52-year-old did the right thing.
- Victor Lindelof key to unlocking Denzel Dumfries’ switch to Manchester United
- Man Utd in pole position to sign wantaway Barcelona whizz-kid Ansu Fati
- Dean Henderson rejected Erik ten Hag’s proposal to return to Man United in January
- David de Gea turns down latest Manchester United contract
- Pep Guardiola’s comments on Harry Kane should serve as a warning to Man United
- Man Utd face competition from Chelsea and Real Madrid for Goncalo Ramos
- Man Utd star Scott McTominay scores stunning brace in Scotland’s 2-0 win vs Spain
- Manchester United’s Top-10 Highest Earners
- Manchester United may miss out on Champions League football if Sir Jim Ratcliffe does not sell French club Nice
- Man Utd ready to move for Harry Kane who is Erik ten Hag’s main priority this summer