Manchester United attacking midfielder Amad Diallo has responded on social media platform X after Sky Sports claimed he will be going to the Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast.
The 21-year-old finally made his bow for the season in the 2-1 loss to Nottingham Forest on Saturday, playing for the first time since picking up a knee injury during the pre-season friendly against Arsenal in the United States in July.
Ivory Coast selected Amad in their provisional 53-man squad, but manager Jean-Louis Gasset has not included him in the final list.
The Red Devils attacker has confirmed the news after Sky Sports erroneously claimed he was off to the tournament before deleting the post.
Having barely played football since July, Ivory Coast have made the right decision and Amad will be looking forward to impressing Man United manager Erik ten Hag in training.
He has been linked with a loan exit this month, with Sunderland, Everton, Fulham, Crystal Palace, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Southampton reportedly keen on recruiting his services for the second half of the campaign.
Leaving the Old Trafford club on loan again could get the best out of the former Atalanta starlet after he impressed with the Black Cats in the Championship last term, with Ipswich Town also interested in snapping him up.
Amad featured in 37 Championship games last term, netting 13 goals and weighing in with three assists, and he was expected to challenge for a place in the Man United starting XI before he picked up the knee injury in the summer.
Missing out on AFCON is a blessing in disguise for Amad as the Red Devils will have enough time this month to decide what they want to do with him.
He will not be short of suitors in the coming days, but Ten Hag could decide to hold on to him with Antony misfiring and Marcus Rashford struggling for consistency.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow