Manchester United are keen on signing Paris Saint-Germain attacking midfielder Xavi Simons on loan, according to L’Equipe journalist Loic Tanzi.
The Netherlands international recently rejoined the Ligue 1 club after they triggered a buy-back clause to bring him back to the Parc des Princes from PSV Eindhoven.
However, Simons wants guarantees of regular game time, but the presence of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe could hinder him from getting his wish.
A temporary exit has been mooted, and while RB Leipzig is the most likely destination for the 20-year-old, Man United are reportedly in the race.
The Red Devils were keen on Simons when he was at PSV and are now serious suitors for him.
Man United need to strengthen their attack and securing a loan deal for the La Masia academy graduate would be huge.
Simons bagged 22 goals and 13 assists in 48 games last term and would improve the Red Devils’ attack.
The youngster gave the Arsenal defence nightmares with his mesmerising skills when they met in the Europa League last term.
He has constantly proven himself against some of the best defences in Europe and should not have a hard time hitting the ground if he moves to the Premier League next term.
Man United could do with such a talented youngster, but manager Erik ten Hag would need to offer him assurances of regular playing minutes to have a chance of pipping Leipzig to his services.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action