Manchester United are reportedly now keen to sign talented young Nice starlet Khephren Thuram this summer.
That’s according to French outlet Media Foot who claim that United have made an enquiry for the 21-year-old but could face competition from Paris Saint-Germain for his signature.
Erik ten Hag is clearly desperate to bolster his defensive midfield ranks at Old Trafford this summer. As things stand though, he still is yet to do so.
The Dutchman has tried and failed to sign Barcelona ace Frenkie de Jong (Manchester Evening News) and recently turned his attention to Real Madrid star Casemiro (Sky Sports).
Ten Hag is casting his net far and wide and not putting all of his eggs in one basket.
Manchester United eyeing Khephren Thuram
French publication Media Foot suggest that United are battling with PSG for the Nice midfielder’s signature this summer.
The Red Devils are studying the France under-21 international closely and he will cost around €20 million (£17m). He is a defensive midfielder by trade and has all the attributes needed to become a real star of the game.
Thuram bagged four goals and two assists in 36 Ligue 1 games for Nice last season. During those appearances, the young Frenchman averaged 0.9 tackles, 0.8 interceptions and 0.5 clearances per game. He made 31 passes per match on average and recorded an impressive completion rate of 86.4%.
Described as an ‘amazing’ young talent by talkSPORT a couple of years ago, the Nice starlet is a really exciting player. He is incredibly mobile, has pace and energy in abundance and has a really high ceiling.
He stands at 6ft 4in tall, so he has the build needed to succeed in the aggressive and physical nature of the Premier League.
We think that for £17m, Thuram would be a very smart addition for United this summer.
Read also: Fabrizio Romano claims £38 million star will be the easiest transfer for Manchester United to get done.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer