Manchester United are ready to consider offers for Christian Eriksen this summer, according to talkSPORT.
Galatasaray are keen to bring the Denmark international to the Super Lig ahead of the Turkish transfer window closing on Friday.
However, he is not interested in leaving and will remain with the Red Devils until the summer.
Eriksen has less than 18 months on his current contract at Man United, but co-owner Jim Ratcliffe wants to lower the average age of the squad.
The club are willing to cash in on the former Tottenham Hotspur star when the summer transfer window opens.
The 31-year-old has featured in 19 games across all competitions this term, with a goal and two assists to his name, but he has lost his place in the starting XI to Kobbie Mainoo.
The 18-year-old has featured in every of the last ten games Man United have played across all competitions, starting nine of them, while Eriksen has made just four appearances within the same time frame.
The Dane joined the Red Devils in 2022 as a free agent, claiming ten assists and two goals in 44 appearances, but he is no longer the player he used to be at Spurs, and it makes sense for both parties to part ways.
Ratcliffe wants a mix of experience and youth, but Eriksen and most of the players above 30 are past their prime, and letting them go is the only way for a major squad rebuilding to begin.
The British billionaire dreams of turning Man United into a force to be reckoned with again in England and on the continent, but the current players cannot get the job done.
Having failed to splash the cash last month to stay within the confines of Financial Fair Play rules, the Red Devils are expected to bring out the chequebook in the summer.
Selling Eriksen and other older players will also help boost their spending power during the next transfer window.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow