Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has selected his 25-man Champions League squad and it includes huge decisions over Jadon Sancho and Donny van de Beek.
According to ManUtd.com, the Red Devils have submitted their final ‘A’ list for the upcoming 2023/24 Champions League group stage to UEFA.
Ten Hag guided United to a third-place Premier League finish last term, helping the club return to Europe’s most prestigious competition after a season-long absence.
Man Utd will face perennial Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich, Danish powerhouse Copenhagen and reigning Turkish Super Lig holders Galatasaray in an exciting Group A.
Before taking the Turks on the field, the Red Devils hope to meet them at the negotiating table to broker VBan de Beek’s switch to Istanbul after ten Hag deemed his fellow countryman surplus to requirements.
The Dutch manager has omitted the former Ajax midfielder from his Champions League squad amid talks over United’s ongoing attempts to offload their underachiever to Turkey.
Van de Beek’s career at Old Trafford has been a flop, and not even ten Hag’s appointment last summer has been enough to reignite the 26-year-old’s fortunes in Manchester.
He is reportedly in talks with Galatasaray over a potential loan move to Rams Park, with the transfer window in Turkey running until September 15.
Despite Sancho’s recent outburst on social media after being left out of the squad to face Arsenal last weekend, the Englishman has made the cut.
Sancho’s underwhelming form for United has seen him tumble down the pecking order and lose a place in the England national squad.
Gareth Southgate has omitted the ex-Borussia Dortmund winger from his squad for September’s fixtures against Ukraine and Scotland, making it clear he needs to improve.
Deadline-day signings Altay Bayindir, Jonny Evans, Sergio Reguilon and Sofyan Amrabat are on the ‘A’ list, while Alejandro Garnacho will be on the ‘B’ list.
Manchester United Champions League squad
Goalkeepers: Altay Bayindir, Andre Onana, Tom Heaton.
Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Victor Lindelof, Tyrell Malacia, Lisandro Martinez, Sergio Reguilon, Raphael Varane, Jonny Evans, Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire, Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Midfielders: Sofyan Amrabat, Casemiro, Christian Eriksen, Bruno Fernandes, Scott McTominay, Mason Mount.
Forwards: Antony, Jadon Sancho, Facundo Pellistri, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Rasmus Hojlund.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action