Manchester United have confirmed that Antony will return to training at Carrington while the police investigation into domestic abuse allegations against him continues.
Antony was given a leave of absence following accusations of physical assault from three women earlier this month.
The Brazilian winger has denied any wrongdoing.
The latest United statement said: “Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has cooperated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington and be available for selection while police inquiries proceed.
“This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case. As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse.
“We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
Antony’s return is a key decision
The Brazil international last played for the Red Devils in their 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on September 3.
The club must believe that Antony has provided proof of his innocence in the recent police inquiries in Brazil and the UK.
From a football perspective, Erik ten Hag will be delighted to have his key player back.
The game against Crystal Palace on Saturday may come too soon for him.
If he shows good fitness, Ten Hag could involve him in the midweek Champions League game against Galatasaray.
His return would allow Bruno Fernandes to return to his favoured number 10 position.
However, that may force Hannibal Mejbri to drop to the bench.
The manager could be further quizzed on Antony during his press conference this afternoon.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling