Bayern Munich defender Benjamin Pavard has reportedly been offered to Manchester United and Chelsea this summer.
That’s according to German publication Sport 1, who claim Bayern will cash in on the 26-year-old if they receive a ‘handsome transfer fee’ from either United or Chelsea.
However, the report does add that the Blues are the most interested in signing the French World Cup winner.
L’Equipe recently reported that the France international is considering his future after a difficult spell with Bayern. The Bundesliga giants would demand around €35 million (£30m) for the versatile defender.
It seems as though Pavard’s days in Bavaria could be numbered, with United and Chelsea monitoring his current situation with Bayern.
Manchester United and Chelsea offered Benjamin Pavard
For just £30m, the World Cup winner would be a superb addition for either United or Chelsea, as they strive to build squads capable of challenging for silverware.
He can play anywhere along the back-line although right-back is by far his strongest position. He would be a huge upgrade on Aaron Wan-Bissaka for United and would provide stiff competition for Reece James at Stamford Bridge.
In 25 Bundesliga appearances for Bayern last season, the defender averaged 1.4 tackles, 1.4 interceptions and two clearances per game.
During those outings, the Bayern ace made 77.1 passes per game and recorded a mightily impressive completion rate of 88.1%. The Frenchman is highly energetic, has bundles of pace and possesses exceptional technique.
Three league titles, Champions League and World Cup winner’s medals are evidence of Pavard’s winning mentality. United and Chelsea could really do with some more players like that.
However, whether United or Chelsea manage to prise Pavard away from Bayern remains to be seen this summer.
Read also…Manchester United reportedly make contact to sign Spain international.
Stats via WhoScored.
- Man Utd decide against permanent deals for Wout Weghorst and Marcel Sabitzer
- ‘World-class’ Bruno Fernandes should get captaincy next season without question
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season