Manchester United cannot allow Liverpool to sign Sofyan Amrabat this summer.
Erik ten Hag has been heavily linked with a move to bring the 26-year-old Fiorentina ace to Old Trafford in the summer transfer window (TuttoMercatoWeb), while Liverpool are also chasing his signature (AD).
However, the Morocco international has reportedly made it clear that he only wants to join United. If the Red Devils fail to come in for Amrabat, his dream move will be impossible.
Algemeen Dagblad reported last week that Liverpool were closing in on a £30 million deal to sign the tenacious tackling midfielder.
And if United allow this to happen, it will be evidence of how poorly the club is being run.
Manchester United cannot Sofyan Amrabat to join Liverpool
The Moroccan possesses all of the attributes that United need in the middle of the park right now
During the first two Premier League games of the season, 31-year-old Casemiro has been completely overrun in midfield.
Mason Mount and Bruno Fernandes have been operating further forward, with Casemiro usually sitting at the base of the centre circle.
That has left a gaping hole in the middle that Wolverhampton Wanderers and Tottenham Hotspur easily exploited.
Ten Hag needs to address the issue by bringing in a mobile defensive midfielder who can provide more support for Casemiro.
That man is clearly Amrabat – everyone can see it apart from Ten Hag and the United board it seems.
The Fiorentina star has the ability to control the tempo of the game from the base of the midfield, but he is also incredibly aggressive, tenacious in the tackle, energetic, athletic and dynamic.
Signing Amrabat for around £25-30m would represent one of the deals of the summer for Man United.
However, if they allow Liverpool to sign him ahead of them, it will quite simply be inexcusable by the Red Devils.
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player