Manchester United are aiming to beat Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign Jude Bellingham by offering the teenager with a £100,000-a-week contract.
The 16-year-old has been on the club’s radar since the beginning of the year and he recently travelled to the Carrington training complex where he met with senior figures including former boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
According to The Star, United are currently facing competition from Dortmund for the Birmingham City starlet but they are planning to beat the German outfit to the player by offering a significant salary.
Bellingham is likely to cost around £30m from the Championship side this summer and it is reported that United are willing to make him one of the highest-paid teenagers in world football on a deal worth £100,000-a-week.
The youngster has been attracting interest from the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal in recent months but United are making some progress towards his signature following his training ground visit.
Bellingham, who made his debut for Birmingham in August 2019, is capable of playing anywhere in the midfield. He has also been utilised as a wide attacking player and centre-forward in his maiden campaign.
As such, he perfectly suits the philosophy of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with his tender age and ability to play in different positions, and it remains to be seen whether he will be tempted by the proposal.
Bellingham has yet to turn 17 and can’t sign a professional contract until June 29. Dortmund are of course an enticing option for the teenager, based on the success of former Manchester City graduate Jadon Sancho.
The midfielder will, however, have monitored the development of the likes of Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood at United and a short trip to Old Trafford would be ideal to keep him connected with his hometown.
- Newcastle 1-0 Manchester United: Player ratings as awful displays from Rashford and Martial put pressure on Ten Hag
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, 4 changes
- ‘He has to play’: Erik ten Hag confirms Man Utd midfielder could leave in January
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Newcastle, Mainoo returns
- Serhou Guirassy flattered by Man Utd interest
- Erik ten Hag confirms Mason Mount will return to training today
- Stats show the real culprits in Manchester United’s dismal performances this season
- Man Utd very interested in signing Antonio Silva, attentive to his performances
- Man Utd showing interest in signing Serhou Guirassy
- Man Utd in very advanced talks to sign Genoa star Radu Dragusin