Manchester United have confirmed that they have reached an agreement to sign Real Madrid midfielder Casemiro.
The deal is understood to be worth £60 million but could rise up to £70m depending on performance-related add-ons.
A short statement from the club read: “Manchester United is delighted to announce that the club has reached an agreement with Real Madrid for the transfer of Casemiro.
“The transfer is subject to the agreement of personal terms, UK visa requirements and a medical.”
Casemiro is United’s fourth signing of the season following the arrivals of Christian Eriksen, Tyrell Malacia and Lisandro Martinez.
Casemiro might become the most integral part of Erik ten Hag’s team
It is a big coup for the Red Devils as they were highly keen to sign a world-class midfielder to bolster their squad.
Since the beginning of the window, United were linked with Barcelona’s Frenkie de Jong but the deal failed to materialise.
With £60m spent on Casemiro’s transfer, it is hard to see the Premier League giants splashing a similar amount on De Jong in this window.
Casemiro is widely regarded to be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.
He is someone who can break up play and start the attack. One word which describes him perfectly is ‘warrior’.
The Brazilian international thrives on doing a sweeping job at the back and does not shy away from passing the ball to the more talented attacking players of the team.
He has an extraordinary haul of accolades, winning three La Liga titles, five Champions Leagues and three FIFA Club World Cups.
United supporters were crying for the club to sign a holding midfielder this summer. Not many would have thought that Casemiro would make his way to Old Trafford.
However, the fact that he wasn’t signed earlier in the window speaks that the club recruitment team have been anything but proactive.
- Porto star Diogo Costa wanted by Man Utd, ready to trigger his release clause
- Bruno Fernandes heaps praise on Goncalo Ramos, talks up move to Manchester United
- Feyenoord lining up fresh proposal for Man Utd starlet Amad Diallo
- Man Utd readying big-money offer for Goncalo Ramos but Roger Schmidt hopes to keep him
- Manchester United in 2023/24 – Expectations, Predictions and Betting odds
- Erik ten Hag opens up on striker plans, David de Gea & Harry Maguire
- Marcus Rashford wins two major end-of-season awards for Manchester United
- Manchester United eliminate club crest from third kit for the 2023/24 season
- Tottenham Hotspur will resist Harry Kane sale to Man Utd this summer
- Three midfielders Manchester United could sign from the relegated Premier League clubs this summer