Manchester United have announced that Marcus Rashford will be unavailable for tomorrow’s Europa League quarter-final game against Sevilla.
The Red Devils forward picked up a muscle injury during last weekend’s 2-0 win over Everton.
Man United dubbed the development a ‘disappointment’ on their official website, but four players could benefit from the blow.
Rashford will be unavailable for a few games, but is expected to return for the season run-in.
Given his form, manager Erik ten Hag will be disappointed, but Jadon Sancho could get a chance to play regularly.
The former Borussia Dortmund attacker has started 14 league games this term.
Rashford has made the left-wing spot his own, weighing in with 28 goals and seven assists across all competitions.
Sancho is an option to start on the left on Thursday, and the 23-year-old will want to grab the opportunity if given a chance.
Marcel Sabitzer is another option available and the Bayern Munich loanee is hungry to earn a permanent move.
The versatile Austrian has also been deployed on the left and will be ready to perform if called upon.
Bruno Fernandes can also feature as a left winger having played there a couple of times.
Given his eye for goals and assists, Ten Hag could opt to rely on the Portuguese in the position if the other options fail to impress.
Facundo Pellistri only plays on the right wing, but Rashford’s absence could result in him getting some game time.
The Uruguayan has played nine games across all competitions this term but is yet to start in the Man United colours.
Pellistri may not make it to the starting XI, but he is likely to play more with the games coming thick and fast.
Man United will miss the considerable influence of Rashford, but they have enough depth to cope in his absence.
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’