Manchester City have joined Manchester United in the race for Italian wonderkid Cher Ndour, according to the Sun.
The 18-year-old has made huge progress in recent years and is being dubbed the new Paul Pogba.
Ndour started his youth career at Brescia before moving to Atalanta in 2013, aged nine.
The talented youngster joined Benfica in 2020, and he now plays for their reserve team in the second tier in Portugal.
The Italian made his debut at 16, setting a new record for being the youngest player ever to feature for the ‘B’ team.
He has also made his debut for the Eagles’ first team, coming off the bench during a 5-1 win over Vitoria de Guimaraes in March.
Ndour’s performances haven’t gone unnoticed, as he has been linked with a move to several top European clubs, including Man United.
But the Red Devils face competition for the 18-year-old’s signature as City are also keen on him.
The Italian’s current contract at Benfica will expire in the summer, so clubs can sign him without paying a transfer fee.
Ndour has the potential to be a top talent
Ndour is a promising player who has the potential to become one of the world’s top stars.
He has mainly been used as a central midfielder but can also be deployed as an attacking midfielder.
The youngster’s excellent performances have led to comparisons with Pogba, although that may not excite United fans.
However, given Ndour is available on a free transfer, the club should pull out all the stops to secure his services.
- Man Utd handed big boost as Juventus lower price tag for Dusan Vlahovic
- Man Utd in pole position in Kim Min-jae race but PSG could explore deal for him
- ‘Above all’: Man Utd leading race to sign Rasmus Hojlund, need to make ‘big offer’
- Man Utd provide ‘strong competition’ in race to sign AZ Alkmaar forward Jesper Karlsson
- Man Utd boss ten Hag deems Victor Lindelof ‘untouchable’
- PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi playing significant role in Manchester United takeover bid
- Stats show why Kim Min-jae is the perfect signing for Man Utd over Axel Disasi
- Sheikh Jassim will not end interest in Manchester United if Friday deadline passes
- Manchester United finalising proposal to sign Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Man Utd linked with Juventus star Federico Chiesa who could be sold for €30-35m