Manchester United are expected to be without three senior players ahead of Thursday’s Premier League clash against Burnley at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils recently returned to action after a 16-day gap against Newcastle United. They were hugely disappointing as they played out a 1-1 draw.
The Magpies had the upper hand over them for most of the encounter. Goalkeeper David de Gea saved their blushes with multiple stand-out saves in the second half.
Interim boss Ralf Rangnick will be hoping for a better defensive resolve against the Clarets. Ahead of the game, the club could be missing at least three players.
Paul Pogba has been sidelined since the last international break after picking up a thigh injury in France training. There is no return date for him at the moment.
Meanwhile, Victor Lindelof is also ruled out after testing positive for coronavirus before the Magpies trip.
The Swede is isolating but could return to face Wolverhampton Wanderers on January 3.
Aside from the duo, Fernandes is also a confirmed absentee tomorrow. The Portuguese picked up his fifth yellow card of the league campaign at St James Park. He will serve a one-game domestic suspension.
United are currently seven points adrift of Arsenal, who are currently occupying the fourth spot in the standings. However, they can catch up on the Gunners with two games in hand.
They were far from their best against the Magpies earlier this week, but will need to turn up with a much better performance against Burnley, who have been a bogey club for them lately.
The Clarets have picked up three draws and one win from the last five visits to Old Trafford.
They usually bring the best out of them for the visit, and United need to make a quick start.
Sean Dyche’s side tend to show strong defensive resolve when they are allowed to settle into games.
United need to find the back of the net early which has been a rare case this season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Ralf Rangnick confirms two Man Utd starters vs West Ham United
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Barcelona attacker Ousmane Dembele tempted by Man Utd move
- Will Jesse Lingard move to Newcastle or Tottenham this transfer window?
- Man Utd cool down interest in Denis Zakaria
- Man Utd may not approve Ralf Rangnick’s wish to sign Amadou Haidara
- Juventus in direct contact with Man Utd over Anthony Martial loan deal
- Man Utd receive Martial-Dembele swap proposal from Barcelona
- Predicted Man Utd line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Brentford
- Ralf Rangnick provides injury update on three Man Utd stars