Manchester United winger Facundo Pellistri has emerged as a loan target for newly-promoted Sheffield United, according to The Telegraph.
The Blades have had a tough start on their top-flight return, and they have failed to pick up a point from their opening two games of the season.
Manager Paul Heckingbottom is eyeing reinforcements in the attacking third, and it is reported that the Blades are in talks to sign Pellistri on loan.
Pellistri has been linked with a temporary exit on multiple occasions this summer, and manager Erik ten Hag could have the final say on the decision.
United should keep Pellistri in the squad
The Red Devils currently have Antony as an undisputed starter on the right wing. Pellistri came off the bench to replace him against Wolves and Tottenham.
Aside from the Uruguayan, Sancho and Alejandro Garnacho can also operate from the right flank, but neither of them have looked comfortable from the role.
In our view, United should keep Pellistri until January at least. With Amad Diallo out with a knee injury, the club are short of specialist options in the attacking spot.
The final decision could rest on Ten Hag. If the Dutchman does not believe Pellistri could play regularly, the club may decide to send him out on loan to the Blades.
A temporary stint in the Premier League could be beneficial for Pellistri. He would have guaranteed playing time and the chance to make goal contributions.
At United, he has been restricted to cameo roles off the bench. The 21-year-old would have the opportunity to prove his credentials with a year away from the club.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling