Manchester United are willing to bring Juventus forward Federico Chiesa to the Premier League this summer, according to Tuttosport.
Chiesa is regarded as one of the best attackers in the Italian top-flight, but his future with the Bianconeri is uncertain after a difficult 2022/23 season.
The Italian missed the start of the campaign with a knee ligament injury, and he only made his comeback to first-team action before the World Cup.
Chiesa was a regular part of the matchday squad for Juventus in the back end of the season, but his minutes were limited amid fitness concerns.
The former Fiorentina man picked up four short-term injuries, and he only became a regular starter for the Bianconeri in the final weeks of the campaign.
It is now reported that United are ‘willing’ to bring Chiesa to the Premier League, but they are not alone with Liverpool and Newcastle United also keen.
Chiesa would be a quality acquisition due to his versatility
The 25-year-old was phenomenal for Italy in their Euro 2020 winning campaign. He produced a splendid display in the final before suffering an injury blow.
Chiesa has since struggled to reach those heights. He picked up a serious knee injury in January last year which put him on the sidelines for nearly 10 months.
The Italian is now finding his feet after the lengthy setback. He was impressive in the final five league games for Juventus last term with two goals and two assists.
In our view, United should consider a summer move for Chiesa, who can play anywhere in attack.
He prefers to play from the right wing, but has also excelled from the left wing and second striker roles.
His dribbling and quick feet make him a difficult proposition for defenders. He would be a shrewd signing for the Red Devils if available for a cut-price fee.
It has recently been reported that Chiesa could be sold for €35 million plus add-ons. For that price, United should consider an approach for his services.
His fitness issues are a potential concern, but looking at his injury record, he has suffered just one long-term injury during his entire playing career.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- ‘If you are good enough, you are old enough’: Erik ten Hag says Kobbie Mainoo is ready to face Galatasaray
- Valencia and Real Sociedad eyeing potential summer move for Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood
- Erik ten Hag confirms Rasmus Hojlund and Antony are available for selection vs Galatasaray
- Man United handed huge injury boost as Rasmus Hojlund and Antony return to training
- Newcastle United’s home prowess set to test Manchester United’s resurgence
- Man Utd in the front line to sign Joao Neves but Benfica aim to increase release clause
- Preview: Galatasaray vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Sofyan Amrabat’s future at United no longer obvious with Kobbie Mainoo’s emergence
- Man United interested in Leipzig striker Timo Werner
- Stats show Harry Maguire has fared better than Arsenal star William Saliba in defensive actions