Manchester United will submit an opening bid for Atalanta striker Rasmus Hojlund in the coming days, according to journalist Alfredo Pedulla.
The Red Devils recently completed the purchase of Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana. The 27-year-old will wear the number 24 shirt with the club.
United’s focus is now on signing a marquee striker, and it is claimed that they could make an offer of €60 million plus add-ons for Hojlund’s services.
Atalanta won’t accept any technical counterparts in the deal. They have identified Almeria’s El Bilal Traore as the potential replacement.
Hojlund already has a total agreement with United over personal terms. His salary could reportedly increase seven to eight times with the move.
United set for key negotiations with Atalanta
United manager Erik ten Hag has identified Hojlund as the ‘perfect‘ profile to lead the club’s attack.
The Dutch tactician believes the 20-year-old can be a ‘20 goals per season‘ striker. The onus is now on United to convince Atalanta over his transfer.
The club are currently lining up an opening bid of €60m plus bonuses, but Atalanta manager Gian Piero Gasperini is hopeful of receiving around €100m.
In our view, United are unlikely to pay such a significant fee for the youngster, but could be willing to meet in the middle with performance-based add-ons.
The Red Devils have already been successful in reducing price tags for Mason Mount and Onana, and should be confident of doing the same for Hojlund.
Ten Hag may ideally want the striker signed within a few days such that he can be involved with the first-team for the back end of the pre-season campaign.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns