Manchester United will need to pay at least €70 million to convince Juventus to part ways with Gleison Bremer during the summer transfer window, according to Calciomercato.
The Brazil international is currently one of the best central defenders in Serie A and he signed a new long-term contract with the Bianconeri only last month.
Despite this, there is speculation that he could leave the club this summer. Calciomercato claim that Bremer could be tempted to move to the Premier League.
United are his main admirers at the current point of time and it is reported that they have ‘already taken concrete steps’ to try and understand the player’s willingness.
Juventus signed Bremer in a deal worth €50m including add-ons and the Red Devils need to make an outlay of at least €70m to persuade them into selling him.
Bremer would be a quality acquisition for United
The 26-year-old has played in the middle of a back three for the Bianconeri this campaign. He has caught the eye with his strong defensive contributions for the club.
The former Torino man has won five duels per outing with 5.1 ball recoveries. He has made four clearances on average while completing 80 per cent of his take-ons.
His main strengths are his physical and aerial presence in the box. The Brazilian ace has won nearly three aerially challenges per game against some elite strikers.
In our view, the centre-back has all the attributes to succeed in the Premier League. He could be seen as a replacement for the injury-plagued Raphael Varane at United.
Varane’s contract expires at the end of June. The club have decided against exercising a 12-month extension clause in his current deal of almost €400,000 per week.
Stats from Sofascore.com & Capology.com
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow