Manchester United will meet the entourage of Bayern Munich midfielder Ryan Gravenberch over a summer transfer, Foot Mercato journalist Santi Aouna claims.
The Red Devils are likely to reinforce their midfield department this summer and they have already been linked with a move for Brighton & Hove Albion’s Alexis Mac Allister.
It is now reported that the club plan to meet Gravenberch’s camp but they are not alone. Arsenal and Liverpool are also interested in signing the Dutch international.
Erik ten Hag is reportedly an admirer of the midfielder who played under him at Ajax.
Gravenberch would be a quality acquisition
United currently have a strong midfield pairing of Casemiro and Christian Eriksen but Ten Hag may want to add quality back-up during the summer transfer window.
The likes of Fred and Marcel Sabitzer (currently on loan) have impressed since the turn of the year but the manager may target younger players with room for improvement.
In our opinion, Brighton’s Alexis Mac Allister should be United’s top target, considering he can play anywhere in midfield and has been hugely consistent.
The Argentina international has 12 goal contributions for Brighton this term but has also excelled defensively with 2.1 tackles and 5.6 duels won per game.
Hence, he should be their prime transfer priority but Gravenberch could also be pursued if there are multiple midfield exits during the next transfer window.
Compared to Mac Allister, Gravenberch is more defensive-minded. He had a top season under Ten Hag at Ajax last term but has struggled for minutes at Bayern.
In our view, the Dutchman could give preference to United over Arsenal or Liverpool due to Ten Hag, who handed him his first-team debut at Ajax few years ago.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Sofascore.com
- Kim Min-jae remains Man Utd’s top centre-back target, verbal offer already made
- Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea ready to snub Saudi Pro League offer for Old Trafford stay
- Man Utd target Benjamin Pavard allowed to leave Bayern immediately, price tag revealed
- AS Monaco centre-back Axel Disasi one step away from joining Manchester United
- Manchester United want €20m for Anthony Elanga as RB Leipzig open talks
- Tottenham and West Ham offered chance to sign Man Utd captain Harry Maguire
- Sheikh Jassim submits fifth bid for Manchester United
- Man United monitoring Ligue 1 if they fail to land Min-jae with Maguire due to discuss his future with Ten Hag next week
- ‘Very soon’: Man Utd could move forward with bid for Porto goalkeeper Diogo Costa
- Napoli star Kim Min-jae already home with suitcases ‘ready to go to Man Utd’