Manchester United will finalise the transfer of Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana tomorrow, according to Sport Mediaset.
The Red Devils are currently locked in negotiations with the Nerazzurri for the Cameroonian star, and they are preparing to make a fresh transfer proposal.
The club have already failed with two bids (€45 million and €50m with add-ons) for the 27-year-old, but their third offer could be enough to seal the deal.
Sport Mediaset (via FC Inter News) claim that the clubs are close to ironing out the final details. Talks are ongoing over the fixed fee with future variables.
The Italian source add that United plan to get close to the €60m valuation set by Inter, and the transfer deal could be agreed within the next 24 hours.
United inching closer to securing Onana’s signature
Onana has been identified as United’s future number one. Erik ten Hag managed him for more than four seasons at Ajax, and a reunion could happen soon.
The Nerazzurri have been playing hardball over the valuation in recent weeks, but there is anticipation that a deal could be struck due to their urgency.
The Serie A giants begin their pre-season training from Thursday morning, and they are keen to have a new goalkeeper on-board as soon as possible.
The club plan to sign Bayern’s Yann Sommer after Onana’s exit. They are also interested in Shakhtar’s Anatoliy Trubin. He could be recruited later this summer.
United recently accepted to meet Onana’s €7m per year wage demands, and we won’t be surprised if the clubs come to an agreement over the fee by tomorrow.
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action