Manchester United will almost certainly make an approach to sign Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat before the summer transfer deadline, according to Il Tirreno.
The Red Devils have already made three signings in Mason Mount, Andre Onana and Rasmus Hojlund, and there could be more investment before the transfer window closes.
A defensive midfielder could be a possible target for United, and Il Tirreno claim that the Red Devils will ‘almost certainly’ make a formal offer to sign Amrabat from Fiorentina.
Liverpool have also been credited with an interest, but manager Jurgen Klopp is unlikely to pursue another midfielder with the ‘same characteristics’ as new signing Wataru Endo.
Fiorentina are expecting a package of €30 million with bonuses to sell Amrabat.
United could move for Amrabat depending on player sales
The club recently concluded the sale of Fred to Fenerbahce for €15m. They are currently awaiting offers for Donny van de Beek, who has not made the matchday squad this season.
United manager Erik ten Hag confirmed yesterday that the midfielder could leave the club, and in our opinion, his departure could pave the way for the arrival of Amrabat.
The Red Devils could consider the permanent sale of the Dutchman or accept a loan deal with a mandatory buy clause. This would allow the club to recoup funds.
Amrabat has already agreed personal terms in principle over a transfer, and the onus is on United to find an agreement with Fiorentina before the transfer window closes.
The Moroccan would be a quality acquisition for United. He had a passing accuracy of 90 per cent in Serie A last term. He would be a good upgrade in midfield with his ball control.
The Utrecht graduate does not possess the tough tackling skills of Casemiro, but makes up for it with his intelligent positioning, tireless workrate and ability to make tactical fouls.
United could negotiate a lesser fee up front with add-ons for Amrabat, but Fiorentina are quite clear that they want €30m for his services or they are willing to keep him for another year.
Amrabat’s current deal expires at the end of June 2024, but La Viola have a 12-month option.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Alejandro Garnacho’s market value skyrockets but Man Utd unlikely to cash in on prodigious forward
- Manchester United midfielder Sofyan Amrabat was hours away from joining Liverpool this summer, set to join Sports Entertainment Group
- Jadon Sancho deactivates Instagram account following exile from Man United facilities
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe restructuring his offer to buy Man Utd
- Phil Jones studying to become a sports director and doing his coaching badges with Manchester United
- Jorge Mendes spoke to Man Utd regarding Joao Felix before Barcelona move
- Alejandro Garnacho has big point to prove vs Crystal Palace tonight
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Garnacho starts
- Man Utd watching Javi Guerra every game, classify him as a top player