Manchester United will accelerate talks for Inter Milan goalkeeper Andre Onana after agreeing personal terms, according to Alfredo Pedulla.
The 27-year-old has been identified as United’s successor to David de Gea, who recently left the club following the expiry of his contract.
United have made two bids on the table for Onana, but neither of those were close to the £51 million asking price set by the Nerazzurri.
It is now reported that United will ‘accelerate’ negotiations with the Serie A outfit, and know that they need to pay close to the valuation.
United have accepted to meet Onana’s wage demands of £6m per year, and it is claimed that he has ‘already spoken’ with the Red Devils.
Erik ten Hag pushing for Onana’s arrival at United
United begin their pre-season campaign with a friendly against Leeds United in Oslo this afternoon.
This will be followed by a trip to Edinburgh to face Lyon before they travel to the United States.
Manager Erik ten Hag would ideally want Onana in the squad at the earliest possibility.
He has urged the club to finalise the deal by Friday. If that happens, he could be involved versus Lyon.
After the Scotland trip, United face Arsenal, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in the US.
These are crucial games for Onana to adapt to the strengths of his teammates before next season.
The Cameroonian is accustomed to Ten Hag’s tactics after playing under him at Ajax.
However, he still needs plenty of minutes to build cohesion with the United back four.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Erik ten Hag must pair Sofyan Amrabat with Kobbie Mainoo in midfield vs Bayern
- ‘3-0 looks like a good result’: Gary Neville reacts after Man Utd’s loss to Bournemouth
- Manchester United eyeing RB Leipzig forward Lois Openda ahead of January transfer window
- Erik ten Hag must start Raphael Varane in must-win UCL game vs Bayern
- Manchester United monitoring Manchester City midfielder Kalvin Phillips ahead of potential move, Erik ten Hag a huge fan
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action