Manchester United have been watching Valencia midfielder Javi Guerra very closely over the past few weeks, according to Marca.
The Red Devils bolstered their midfield department during the last transfer window with the signings of Mason Mount and Sofyan Amrabat.
Both players have only recently recovered from their injuries, and they should come good for United over the course of the entire campaign.
It is now reported by Marca that the Red Devils have been watching Guerra ‘every game’ and they rate the 20-year-old as a ‘top player’.
The Spaniard currently has a €100 million release clause in his contract, but Valencia are likely to accept a much lesser fee for his departure.
Intermediaries working in English football believe Los Che are a ‘vulnerable club’ due to their need to sell to balance their financial books.
Guerra could be pursued by United next summer
The young Spaniard is a central midfielder by trade, but can also operate from the number six role.
He has had a tremendous start to the current season for Los Che, contributing three goals and one assist from just six La Liga appearances.
Aside from his goal involvements, Guerra has impressed with his ball recoveries and duel winning ability, but needs to work on his passing.
The 20-year-old is a bright talent with a huge future ahead. United’s strong interest suggests that they could line up an approach next year.
With their Financial Fair Play situation, the club are unlikely to consider any move in January unless they recoup funds from a midfield exit.
Newcastle are also mentioned as potential suitors for the youngster, but United should be favourites to land him if they make their move.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Erik ten Hag hails Harry Maguire for winning November Player of the Month award, joins Ferdinand and Vidic in the elite list
- Man United make ‘enquiry’ for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, available for less than €20 million
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Bournemouth, Reguilon starts
- Manchester United send scouts to watch Braga vs Vizela with summer target Matheus Magalhaes in action
- Picture: Man Utd defender returns to training but Lindelof out & Rashford doubtful
- Rising from the ashes – Manchester United’s spectacular November revival
- ‘An incredible, good player’: Erik ten Hag on Marcus Rashford ahead of Bournemouth game
- Borussia Dortmund want €30 million or Jadon Sancho as Manchester United eye Donyell Malen, talks scheduled for today
- Erik ten Hag turns down Manchester United players’ request for more days off after complaints over workload and scheduling