Manchester United remain interested in signing Fiorentina midfielder Sofyan Amrabat before the transfer window closes, according to Corriere dello Sport (page 21).
The Red Devils have been linked with the Morocco international for the past two months, and Fabrizio Romano recently said that the midfielder is waiting for an approach.
United are yet to make any formal bid to the Serie A outfit, but Corriere dello Sport clarify that La Viola have no plans of lowering their demands for their prized asset.
The Red Devils ‘want to sign’ the 27-year-old, but Fiorentina won’t accept less than €30 million including bonuses. In case of a loan deal, they want a mandatory buy clause for the same fee.
Fiorentina have not closed the door on keeping Amrabat this season. He has been training separately, but would be happy to re-integrate him if he gives proof of his professionalism.
Man Utd running out of time to land Amrabat
United have had a mixed start to the Premier League season. They have won two of their opening three games, but the midfield performances have been far from convincing.
Casemiro has not been at his best from the centre of the park. He stepped up with a goal against Nottingham Forest, but lost possession on 17 separate occasions.
In our view, the Brazilian needs more cover alongside him. A player like Amrabat would be ideal. He had a superb passing accuracy of more than 90 per cent in Serie A last term.
The Moroccan also impressed with his ball control, recoveries as well as his work rate. He has the ability to make clever tactical fouls and rarely loses possession in his half.
He would be a perfect deputy for Casemiro and could also play alongside him. The price is on the lower side, but United can’t afford to pay without another midfield exit.
We believe the club will take up the second option of signing him on loan. They could propose an obligation to buy him based on a certain number of appearances this season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com & Sofascore.com
- Man Utd suffer big blow with Lisandro Martinez requiring fresh metatarsal surgery
- Man Utd interested in Bayern Munich centre-back Matthijs de Ligt
- Alejandro Garnacho should start against Galatasaray in the Champions League
- Erik ten Hag speaks on Marcus Rashford’s form after Crystal Palace loss
- Manchester United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Player ratings as the Red Devils suffer second successive Old Trafford loss in Premier League
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund starts
- Lisandro Martinez may require second foot surgery, could be out until December
- Antony pictured arriving at Carrington after Man United approved return
- Erik ten Hag reacts to Hannibal Mejbri’s breakthrough at Man Utd
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Crystal Palace, Hojlund returns