Manchester United have been highly disappointing with their performances this season.
Saturday’s 2-1 loss to Nottingham Forest was their 12th defeat this term, dropping them to eighth in the Premier League standings.
Despite significant investment in new recruits last summer, manager Erik ten Hag has failed to deliver results.
The Dutch boss must improve his team’s performances if he wants to convince the new owners that he is the right man to revive their fortunes.
Man United return to action on Monday when they face League One outfit Wigan Athletic, with the fixture available to watch via the live FA Cup streams.
Manchester United vs Wigan Athletic: Head-to-head record
With Wigan playing in the Championship and League One in recent years, the meetings between the two sides have been less frequent.
However, the head-to-head record has been dominated by Man United, who have won 18 of the 19 games played – a 94.7% success rate that bodes well even for a troubled Ten Hag side.
Wigan have prevailed once, and that was way back in April 2012 in a Premier League encounter.
They also met in the 2013 FA Community Shield, where the Red Devils eased to a 2-0 success thanks to a brace from Robin van Persie.
The most recent fixture between the two teams was in January 2017 in the FA Cup, when Jose Mourinho’s United team won 4-0.
One of their other famous meetings was also in the League Cup final in February 2006, with United dominating the match and sealing a 4-0 win.
- Erik ten Hag sends clear warning to Antony with last-gasp substitution vs Fulham
- Antonio Valencia slams Manchester United’s performance against Fulham
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe wants to sign Luton Town’s Ross Barkley to replace Casemiro
- Maguire impresses in Manchester United’s disappointing 2-1 defeat against Fulham
- Bruno Fernandes must step up for Man Utd in Champions League pursuit
- Andre Onana impresses for Man Utd in disappointing Fulham defeat
- Confirmed Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts
- Predicted Man Utd line-up vs Fulham, Forson starts up front
- Omari Forson set for full Premier League debut after Rasmus Hojlund injury blow
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game after fresh injury blow