Here we go with the preview. We play Tottenham who are certainly flying high with their demolition of Arsenal. Moreover Juande Ramos is yet to lose a Cup game in years. Whether Tottenham have truly risen from the mediocrity to challenge the top four remains to be seen; today’s game could be a reasonable indicator.
They have also been scoring goals at will this season with Berbatov certainly a major threat. So today’s game cannot be taken too lightly.
Which is why we would most likely field our best team. Rooney and Tevez as strikers, Ronaldo, Giggs on the wings, Hargreaves and Anderson in the centre with our fab four in defence. Scholes can’t surely be expected to start with even a bench role under doubt.
The Gaffer has also been wary of Spurs in his press conference:
â€œYou saw from their performance on Tuesday night, theyâ€™re on the up. Thereâ€™s an increase in their performances. The result on Tuesday will have them buoyed, thereâ€™s no question about that. It wasnâ€™t Arsenalâ€™s strongest team, but it was nevertheless an emphatic 5-1 victory. I thought Tottenham were better. They could have scored more goals. It was an emphatic victory and I donâ€™t think Arsenal could complain about it. Funnily enough, the goalscoring statistics at Old Trafford arenâ€™t great, theyâ€™re usually 1-0 or something like that. The goals are usually reserved for White Hart Lane, there have been some very big scores down the years. Itâ€™ll be a tight cup tie again but I canâ€™t complain – I have a home draw in the FA Cup. Youâ€™ve got to perform, you canâ€™t take things for granted. But our team is in good form.â€
Meanwhile Danny Wellbeck seems to have been elevated to the first team. It is nice to see an academy product fast tracked to the first team and reports of him have always been very positive. But he’s 17 and is still a raw talent so don’t necessarily expect him to be playing until we suffer a disastrous injury situation or if we are 10-0 up at half time during some game.
Oh well, it’s good to be finally watching a game of significance after a rather long week, personally. So without much ado, I will leave this post here and over to you to discuss. Come on you reds!!!
- West Ham and Everton enter race to sign Man Utd target Jhon Duran
- Saudi Arabian giants make $225m offer to sign Cristiano Ronaldo
- Man Utd have to pay €60m to sign Inter Milan star Denzel Dumfries
- It’s Man Utd’s Varane vs Eriksen as France take on Denmark in an enthralling World Cup clash
- Erik ten Hag wants Man Utd to sign Cody Gakpo in January, Rafael Leao is the alternative
- Man Utd great candidates to sign Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix in January
- Harry Maguire impresses for England in World Cup stalemate against USA
- Man Utd have Jonathan David on their radar, Lille would sell him for €50m
- Four Irish Players United Could Sign Next
- Man Utd ready to step up chase for €60m-rated Cody Gakpo